Question: What makes something a Bose-Einstein condensates?

Keywords:

1. I admit I knew nothing about this, so I read through the descriptions of it here:
    http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/bec/index.html
    They have some pretty cool interactive bits on there to play with.

So now I roughly understand what it is (a very cold pile of atoms), but I still have no idea what kind of atoms can be “condensated” and what can’t!

I think it’s something that research is still looking into!

0

2. I found an awesome video that links Bose-Einstein condensates to Buddhism!

Though it explained it to me perfectly!!

1

3. ****************Best Question EVER !!********************

Atoms act weird……… very weird !

..able to be in two places at once!
    ..able to jump (teleport) through walls!
    ..able to pop in and out of existence!

……..WEIRD !!!!!!!

this don’t happen to Bigger things like Us, and Cats, Buses, not even gas does this.
    ( even though we are all made up of atoms too, and we don’t know why this is)

BUT
    If you take a small amount of stuff (almost anything…gas) and cool it down(−273 °C) and hold it very carefully (not touching anything else)
    THEN
    All the gas starts to act together …as ONE!…. and then, it starts to act Weird…. just the same way atoms do !!

SOOO when you get something BIG to act WEIRD just the same way that atoms do!
    Then
    its a Bose-Einstein condensate 🙂

You never know, Some day, humans might be able to become a Bose-Einstein condensates, and act weird just the same way atoms do too ???

1